Disneyworld Day 4 - Epcot Tours

By Lionina - 3:40 PM

Behinds the Seeds Tour

Living with the Land is now officially one of my favorite rides at Epcot and the signing up for a backstage tour of Disney's on-site aquaponics science labs was a treat. We were educated and delighted by turns at the live gators, yummy cucumbers, the hottest chilies in the world, prizewinning pumpkins, and innovative growing techniques. I was especially enamored of the evaporative cooling installed in the greenhouses. 

 Impressions of Disney characters made in the experimental sand garden

 Feeding the aquaponics tilapia fish

DiveQuest Adventure
I went on a backstage tour, received a t-shirt, and became an honorary Disney Cast member when I signed up for a chance to dive Epcot's aquarium. I had a lot of fun waving to all the little kids and restaurant patrons who had a front row seat to sharks, fish, rays, and divers. Later, when we went on the Nemo ride, I realized they could probably see us diving too.

 Divers gathering around the hidden Mickey.

 Here's me with real big eyes, taking it all in. 

Sea Quest is pricey for a 45 min dive, but was definitely a unique experience for any scuba enthusiast. If you just like being in the water, then why not? Also, the tour is a great way for non-diving loved ones to see exactly what you are doing when you disappear on those week-long liveaboards without them. I was good about not buying a lot of souvenirs on this whole trip, but I did purchase the customized DVD from a Disney videographer after saying I wouldn't.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments