Gateau a l'Orange et aux Amandes

By Lionina - 1:43 PM



Or orange almond spongecake from Julia Child. My first cake! This is not half-eaten per usual, but rather, I had a hard time getting the cake out of the pan because I let it sit too long. The lag also made the cake a little soggier towards the bottom than I would like. I had no issues with the cake falling, nor did it dome excessively. Not sure exactly how "fluffy" a cake the batter should produce, but I'm guessing maybe just a tad higher than here? The recipe calls for a 1.5 in pan but the total rise was maybe just a tad above an inch in a 3 in pan. Since the flavors are so intense, a light butter cream with a touch of rum, or thin filling of apricot would be my choice for finishing. SO thinks fresh fruit might also be nice. The instructions Julia gives are exact. Follow them!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments