KitchenAid Immersion Blender

By Lionina - 11:54 AM

Intended for making lotion, a task for which this new KitchenAid gadget is dreadfully overpowered, I pureed some roasted root vegetables this morning and am delighted with the results. At first, I started at the lowest setting to break up the veg and then I cranked it up to level 9, the highest setting, and finished with wonderful soup. Complaints about how immersion blenders don't seem to work in big pots or don't have enough juice didn't seem to apply here. The finished puree was better than what my vintage blender produces. Sturdily constructed, this appliance is heavy in the hand but not too difficult to handle. I don't have a food processor or stand mixer.  Both my hand beater and trusty blender are getting cranky. So if I could go back and do it again, I would buy the more expensive KitchenAid package that includes a whisk and chopper attachments. Great multi-use appliance for a small kitchen like ours.

Roasted potato, parsnip, and carrots with celery, herbs and a buttermilk biscuit.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments