Daikon Chicken Salad

By Lionina - 2:11 AM

I've been trying to figure out how to use the daikon that has been in my vegetable tray forever. I didn't want to straight up Japanese or Chinese flavors again, so I made this concoction to eat inside toasted Dutch Crunch bread with cheese. Doesn't really need a whole lot of mayo and the daikon is like a replacement for apples. Not the most favorite dish I've ever made, but I wanted to make a reference of it.

1/2 or 1/4 daikon, peeled, shredded, soaked in a little cider vinegar for 15 min
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
2-3 celery ribs, diced
5 green onions, diced
1/2 tsp mustard
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/4 tsp turmeric or equivalent curry powder to taste
dash hot chili pepper powder
lightly toasted walnuts in pieces
cranberries or tart grapes, diced or halved
parsley
salt and pepper

Salad: More daikon and less chicken.
Chicken Salad: Less daikon and more chicken.
No mayo: Mix curry powder with cider vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper with olive oil, sugar and maybe a little diced onion for a vinaigrette.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments