Bibingka

By Lionina - 11:13 AM


Without a food processor or a hefty mortar and pestle its hard for me to make my own galapong for this dish. Instead, I used an equal amount of rice flour and added several tablespoons of water because the batter was a bit stiff. To my taste, the bibingka seemed more cake-like and dry, rather than slightly sticky inside. I like to eat this as I used to with my friends, with the sugar and coconut sprinkled on top after the butter was slathered. From pictures, the batter is supposed to be fairly thin and spreads like a custard by itself after being poured in the mold.

Recipe adapted from Memories of a Phillipine Kitchen 

1/2 cup 2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/8 cup white sugar
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup 2 tbsp rice flour (not glutinous)

2 eggs separated
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp whole milk
1/4 cup 2 tbsp coconut milk
salted duck egg, cut into 1/4 inch slices
4 tbsp crumbled feta, gouda, or goat cheese

garnish:
grated fresh coconut
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp sugar

Notes: Needs to be more sweet, more sticky and moist, cheese slightly funkier and saltier. Possibly add more sugar, coconut milk, and bit of glutinous rice.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments