Things I Can't Eat for a Month

By Lionina - 12:27 PM

I finally betook myself to the allergist, a visit to which confirmed certain suspicions regarding my symptoms, mainly that all things green and growing, particularly grasses and elms, are nasal kryptonite along with the usual suspects such as mold, mildew, dust mites, etc. But there were also a few surprises in my bill of health, namely that I'm actively allergic to tobacco, and not, in fact, allergic to wheat, honeydew, or walnuts. Unfortunately, many types of nuts and grains are often manufactured in the same place, so cross contamination is a factor. Perhaps my aversion to honeydew was because kitchens often serve it with canteloupe? Furthermore, milk or wheat intolerance is a separate issue and those need to be diagnosed through a battery of blood tests. For now, it looks like I can still have my baked goods, made with eggs, milk, wheat and the like. However, being allergic to corn and soy is very troublesome. Corn syrup flavors countless products, soy lecithin is a common binder, and common baking powder is a mix of leavening and corn starch. Buying any bread, ice cream, snacks, and drinks were a task last night at the grocery market. Lucky me though, I now get to have organic apple juice and make food from scratch 24-7.

In the interest of health, a list of things I will be eliminating from my diet this next month.


Almond
Avocado
Barley
Bean, Lima
Black Bass
Blueberry
Brazil Nut
Broccoli
Buckwheat
Cantaloupe
Cashew
Catfish
Celery
Codfish
Corn
Flounder
Green Pea
Halibut
Hazelnut
Lobster
Mustard
Peanut
Pistachio Nut
Potato, Sweet
Pumpkin
Sesame
Shrimp
Soybean

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments