Heidi's Pies

By Lionina - 3:31 PM

 
Heidi's Pies are deceiving. I went through a Sour Cream Cherry, Sour Cream Apple, Sour Cream Blueberry and a Lemon Meringue in a period of a week before I realized...

Granted, it's been so long that I've had any pie at all that maybe my recollection is off. They are classic American pies in a sense - solidly made, sweetly one note, uncomplicated personalities - but with a noncommittal crust that is half crumbly and half flaky. These pies are Almost satisfying, so Nearly There that they make you keep ordering another, feeling you are getting a better than average treat, but yet never quite achieving the kind of bliss that they seem to promise. Nonetheless, I'm still going back because, well, I can't help myself from chasing that elusive high and, anyways, the Sour Cream Cherry is really not half bad.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments