Vixx - Hyde, Superhero

By Lionina - 1:08 PM

Tinny, truncated beats and cheap plasticine high hats burst into a soaring, lush chorus and acidic dubby second chorus. The production lets the vocals stay honest - meaning a bit pale and anemic, thin, adolescent gumbari with surprising moments of quality like Gackt's falsetto. The video is crazy - larva, closeups of viscera, black angel wings, a lot of touchy choreography to match the I've-got-a-devil-inside-who-beats-you. Wasn't me *shrug*.  Let me be clear. This all of this is very endearing. I love this song.


Superhero is why I took note of this group. Again, with the sincerity of the over exuberant sub-par rapping and overblown intensity of the whip happy new-wave seduction and trance breakdown. Matches up to the rich-superman-is-my-boyfriend backstory. This kind of swoony fantasy is what the SO calls "fruity music for girls". This is derogatory if you didn't catch that.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments