Document of a Personality through Footwear. 1

By Lionina - 1:40 PM

Daily Wear


Saks Fifth Avenue Black Ballerina Flats and Brown
Leather Reefs

I bought these on sale to wear at work and not-at-work, respectively, although - to the chagrin of my long-suffering bosses - I was never properly strict about those distinctions. Nothing special abouteither, except that they are plain and comfortable and have worn fairly well without a lot of attending. I'm not possessed with a great rage for sneaker cleanliness and tend to wear my shoes pretty hard so I try to buy decent pairs that last me awhile.


Puma Miharaya Suhiro Specials

I got this pair of sneakers as a Christmas Gift from friends. They are actually too big but I ended up stuffing them with foot pads. The upper is blue leather with white (not the dingy clay-stained grey in the picture) suede Puma stripes. The best part of this shoe is the iridescent rubber covering the entire heel and sole. The downside is that the gill-like texture of the soles catches rocks like a horse without a shoe. Nevertheless, my buddy has pair too. We walk around like a couple of label-matched idiots.


Geox Sneakers

I was traveling and thought that I'd better take embarrassing self-aggrandizing pictures before all my Christmas Cake went bad, so I got myself to a Taiwanese glamour studio and fulfilled the technical parameters of my girly teenage fantasy. In reality, the purportedly arty portraits fell far short. The only good thing that came of the experience were these sneakers in all their mustardy-acid-yellow suede, indigo plastic and metallic silver mesh glory. I've had people call them ugly. I've had b-boy San Francisco funky types gaze longingly as I traipsed by. No one knows that the soles have air holes for ventilation. That part is my comfortable little secret to dancing all night long and breaking a sweat in a good way. I never wear heels to a party that involvesa DJ.



Cole Haan Sneakers

These are delicate, pliable, perforated suede; softer than a ballet slipper. The fancy gold trim just barely shines against the camel. My favorite is the teal edging, but I would have preferred the Nike Air bubble sole in black. I was going to fill in the white parts with a sharpie but never got around to it. I feel like I'm walking around in socks when I wear these shoes, and they look sharp enough for work or going out (at least in my laid back opinion).



Anonymous Maker

These are my favorite boots. Not too high. Not too low. They are part of a set custom-cobbled for my Godmother in Taiwan long ago. I ended up with a box full of barely surviving color blocked 80's pumps and
these fantastically colored oxblood-red knee-highs with leather chains running up the leg.

To Sum

Quite simply, I live in sneakers. The more comfortable the better. I like them lightweight and streamlined. Other shoes necessarily fill in the void of particular fashion occasions, but they have the same prerequisites.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments